"The National Osteoporosis Society and Age UK have established a new Falls and Fractures Alliance in England. By working together, members of the Alliance are better placed to achieve the common goals of preventing falls and fractures and, specifically, reducing the rate of hospital admissions for hip fractures and for falls-related injuries among older people."
Along with BANT, CSP, SoR, BGS, RPharmS, RCP, RCN, SfE, NCF, COT, SCIE, BSR, ARUK, CoO, BOA and the NHFD, ProFaNE.co have committed to action plans for reducing the rate of hospital admissions for hip fractures and for falls-related injuries among older people between now and 2017. All of these action plans work towards supporting, promoting and realising The Falls and Fractures Declaration.
ProFaNE.co will continue to develop our community and the website and work towards creating a one-stop-shop for Falls Prevention information in support of falls prevention professionals.
To give you some idea of what we aim to achieve, over the next 5 years, sooner if we possibly can, ProFaNE.co will continue to create content covering all aspects of Falls Prevention. As part of our considerations we have produced a Map of Falls and Fracture Prevention to help guide us through this process and made this available publicly as a free download.
ProFaNE.co is a community, we are funded entirely by your subscriptions, we would not exist if you were not here, you are the most important aspect of everything we do and we are all here to help each other where possible. This means that every member can get involved and we would love to hear from you if:
- you have any resources that you think would be helpful to the community
- you would like to write an article (or two) for ProFaNE.co in your area of expertise
- you know of a event not listed
- you would like to report on your current project
- you have a question to ask the community
- you have any other ideas on how we can work together
You can read the complete ProFaNE.co Action Plan here.
Here's what to do next...
1) Contribute: Think about how you can contribute and get in touch and let us know.
2) Disseminate: Send this link to others who you know will be interested.
3) Let us know what you think in the comments section below...